BI Polar has a series of videos and accompanying blog posts that focus on key aspects building a data culture. This series is in progress – eleven videos have been published so far, and more videos are planned for the weeks and months ahead.
- Series Intro: Building a Data Culture
- Data Culture: Executive sponsorship
- Data Culture: A brief history of business intelligence
- Data Culture: Roles and responsibilities
- Data Culture: Picking your battles
- Data Culture: The importance of community
- Data Culture: Motivation and encouragement
- Data Culture: Training for the community
- Data Culture: Showcasing the art of the possible
- Data Culture: The importance of a central portal
- Data Culture: Making stakeholder buy-in explicit
- Data Culture: Every app is a unique snowflake (coming September 28, 2020)
- Data Culture: Community champions with swords (coming October 5, 2020)
- Data Culture: The importance of experts (coming October 12, 2020)
- Data Culture: Measuring success (coming October 19, 2020)
- Data Culture: Wisdom from Sun Tzu (coming October 26, 2020)
- Data Culture: Wrapping up and closing words
With a little luck we’ll see a new video every week, but this is 2020 so I won’t be including dates for any video until it is recorded and edited. Fool me once, etc., etc.
In addition to this core video series, the BI Polar blog includes a set of standalone posts that fall under the broader topic of data culture.
- Self-Service BI: Asleep at the wheel?
- Are you building a BI house of cards?
- Choosing the right tool for the job
- BI is dead. Long live BI!
- Fiore’s Virtues of Business Intelligence
- It all comes down to culture
- Never stop asking “stupid” questions
- The Power BI Adoption Framework – it’s Power BI AF
- Tough love in the data culture
- Data culture and the centerline
- Common sense solutions to simple problems
- Successfully measuring / measuring success
- You can’t avoid problems you can’t see
- Metadata is not a “nice to have”
- When does memory die?
- Sometimes culture is life or death
- Migrating to Power BI
- Standardizing on Power BI
 True story: I envisioned this series while on my end-of-year break in late December 2019. The Word document where I have my series outline is titled “12 Days of Data Culture” because I was originally thinking I would record and edit a 12-video series and just release one video per day, starting on December 25th. LOL @ Past Matthew.